Friday, August 7, 2009

Mighty Comfortable

So remember that blog, Thursday Night Smackdown, I mentioned finding back in July? Or posted a submission for 5 days ago?? Well, typically on Thursdays she posts a new dish she's never made. Pushing the boundaries of the kitchen and discovering flavors, techniques and general kitchen adventures. As with what will happen to the best of us, she just didn't have it in her this week. I must admit, I know the feeling.

So instead of dazzling us with her julienne skills or presenting something so mouthwatering I could hardly stand it, she presented a contest. Submit your most comfortable comfort food.

I love comfort food. It's almost entirely the only thing I cook. And I love winning. And I'm really indecisive. Which is where the conundrum comes in. What to submit?? We're really only supposed to offer one. (Unless you link in your blog, which I did. We'll see if I want to cheat.) To muddy the waters up even more, I can submit something from someone else's blog!

So Help!!!

What should I make?

Things already posted on the blog that I think could work include:
Challah French Toast
Roast Chicken
Jalapeno Popper Macaroni and Cheese (though she did say there's only so much mac and cheese she can eat)
Name TBD (suggestions?) Chicken with Crispy Chicken Skins

Things I make not on the blog (yet):
Aunt Eve's Beef Brisket
Pumpkin Curry Soup (this I even have pictures of)
Tuna Melts w/ sweet potato fries (I also have pictures of this)
Matzoh Ball Soup
Chicken Rice and Veggies Soup
Pasta and Meat Sauce
Stuffed Cabbage
Greek Penne Pasta

Things that I have made but aren't mine:
Cinnamon Buns
Chicken with a-crap-ton of Garlic

...I just realized I needed to stop. Okay. Suggestion time! (Last time I did this, nobody offered advice.That makes me a sad panda.)

2 comments:

Deepa said...

french toast!

Kiwi said...

Awww I'm sorry you were a sad panda! :(

This post makes me hungry though. Damn you! Hehe.

And yes, I second the french toast. My eyes lit up when I saw it. :P

And btw, your pumpkin curry soup was killer. Yum.